Aeroplan launches new suite of rewards
Canadian coaltion scheme Aeroplan is introducing a new suite of rewards called “Money Can’t Buy.”
Members can now redeem their Aeroplan Miles for a variety of rewards that are unique to the Aeroplan programme, including musical instruments autographed by rock band Rush to a football signed by Michael “Pinball” Clemmons with accompanying tickets to an Argos game.
All of the proceeds from these redemptions will go to Aeroplan’s Beyond Miles partner, War Child Canada.
Craig Landry, senior VP, commercial at Aeroplan, commented: “This new rewards category will give members access to items that they might not be able to purchase elsewhere and ultimately give members more choice when it comes to reward options.”
Examples of the Money Can’t Buy Rewards selection include:
– Sabian Drum Cymbal signed by Neil Peart, drummer and lyricist for Canada’s rock band Rush -141,000 Aeroplan Miles
– Gibson guitar signed by Metric – 59,000 Aeroplan Miles;
– Gibson Acoustic Guitar signed by Jim Cuddy, singer and guitarist from Blue Rodeo – 117,500 Aeroplan Miles;
– Gibson Epiphone Guitar signed by Moby – 94,000 Aeroplan Miles
In support of Aeroplan’s sponsorship of Luminato, the Toronto Festival of Arts and Creativity, it will be offering limited and exclusive access to some of the Festival’s most sought after events. Starting at 30,000 Aeroplan Miles, these Luminato experiential rewards were exclusively created for Aeroplan.
– VIP passes for two to the Luminato Festival’s Artist’s Lounge and top category seating at The Infernal Comedy: Confessions of a Serial Killer starring Academy Award nominee John Malkovich – 36,000 Aeroplan Miles
– VIP viewing for two to Luminato First Night, featuring Sass Jordan and Melanie Fiona coupled with a personalized “Diva” hair and make-up application at the L’Oréal Paris tent – 30,000 Aeroplan Miles
– VIP invitations for two to an exclusive post-performance party with Canadian musical superstar Rufus Wainwright and the cast of Prima Donna and seating for opening night of the show – 47,500 Aeroplan Miles
The Aeroplan programme is owned by loyalty management company Groupe Aeroplan.
Aeroplan’s millions of members earn Aeroplan Miles with its network of over 75 world-class partners, representing more than 150 brands in the financial, retail, and travel sectors.
In 2009, over 2.1 million rewards were issued to members including more than 1.5 million flights on Air Canada and Star Alliance carriers which offer travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide.