Benefits added to AAdvantage rewards card
Citi and American Airlines have added seven new benefits to the Citi Platinum Select/AAdvantage card.
The new rewards include 10% miles back on American Airlines AAdvantage miles redeemed, up to 10,000 miles per calendar year, free first checked bag and priority boarding.
Consumers can apply for the new card at www.citi.com/journey and earn 30,000 AAdvantage miles after US$1,000 in purchases made within the first three months of using the card.
The full list of benefits is:
• Ten percent miles back on AAdvantage miles redeemed by cardmembers, up to 10,000 miles per calendar year. For example, if the cardmember uses AAdvantage miles to book a 50,000 mile roundtrip flight, they will receive 5,000 AAdvantage miles back in their AAdvantage account approximately 6-8 weeks after booking.
• Double miles on eligible American Airlines purchases.
• No annual limit or cap on how many AAdvantage miles cardmembers can earn with card purchases.
• First checked bag free for cardmembers and up to four companions traveling on the same reservation for travel booked and ticketed on or after April 2, 2012. For example, a family traveling in the main cabin from JFK to LAX roundtrip with four checked bags could save US$200.
• Priority boarding for cardmembers and up to four companions traveling on the same reservation for travel booked and ticketed on or after April 2, 2012.
• Cardmembers earn a US$100 American Airlines Flight Discount that can be used to book any available qualifying flight on AA.com for each year following which they spend US$30,000 in purchases and renew their Citi Platinum Select/AAdvantage card.
• 25% savings on in-flight purchases of food, beverages and headsets when purchases are made with the Citi Platinum Select/AAdvantage card or any other Citi/AAdvantage card.
The card has an annual fee of US$95. For new cardmembers, the annual fee is currently waived for the first 12 months.