Nectar Italia ‘beating expectations’
The recently launched Nectar Italia coalition loyalty scheme is outperforming expectations, according to owner Groupe Aeroplan.
In its second quarter results statement, Groupe Aeroplan (GA) said that Nectar Italia achieved the 12 month targeted 5 million member milestone in only four months.
It also recently signed up three new partners: UniCredit, Italy’s largest financial institution, IBS, a leading online book retailer, and Quixa, a direct insurance provider.
Nectar Italia was launched on March 1 this year. At launch, the partners included:
• Simply Sma stores, the number three grocer in Italy with 275 proprietary stores and 725 franchises branded Punto, Simply, Ipersimply, Sma, Cityper
• Auchan Hypermarkets with 50 stores nationwide
• Api Ip, one of the largest networks of fuel stations in Italy with 4200 stations
• So Oney which will launch the Nectar Italia co-branded credit card alongside its existing credit and charge cards
• UniEuro, electronics and electrical goods retailer with 97 direct stores and 70 franchises
• PC City, the IT specialists operating as a sister brand to UniEuro
• Hertz, Car Rental company with 230 agencies in Italy
GA purchased Nectar owner Loyalty Management Group in 2007, and GA CEO Rupert Duchesne said the group wanted to leverage the experience of LMG’s management team in setting up coalition loyalty programs outside of the UK.
Nectar Italia is its first attempt at exporting that expertise and in boosting its global expansion strategy.
Groupe Aeroplan has a majority 75% ownership in Nectar Italia with Oney Banque Accord owning the remaining 25%.
Groupe Aeroplan also completed its acquisition of privately held marketing services provider Carlson Marketing in December last year.