Nectar rolls into Italy
Groupe Aeroplan has given details of its much anticipated launch in Italy of the Nectar loyalty coalition loyalty scheme on March 1.
This brings together a number of high-end commercial partners in the retail, service and financial sectors including a partnership with Oney Banque Accord, a leading financial institution with more than 6.2 million clients in Europe.
Groupe Aeroplan will have a majority 75% ownership in the new program with Oney Banque Accord owning the remaining 25%.
Throuh Nectar Italia, Italian consumers the opportunity to earn points at more than 5,000 retail outlets throughout the country. Members will be able to redeem points for a wide range of rewards.
At launch, the partners in the Italian coalition will include:
• Simply Sma stores, the number three grocer in Italy with 275 proprietary stores and 725 franchises branded Punto, Simply, Ipersimply, Sma, Cityper
• Auchan Hypermarkets with 50 stores nationwide
• Api Ip, one of the largest networks of fuel stations in Italy with 4200 stations
• So Oney which will launch the Nectar Italia co-branded credit card alongside its existing credit and charge cards
• UniEuro, electronics and electrical goods retailer with 97 direct stores and 70 franchises
• PC City, the IT specialists operating as a sister brand to UniEuro
• Hertz, Car Rental company with 230 agencies in Italy
In addition to these high-street retailers, Nectar Italia will also offer online retailers and its own credit card for consumers to earn Nectar Italia points.
“We’re delighted to be launching Nectar Italia with such a strong coalition of leaders in their respective industries,” said Rupert Duchesne, President and Chief Executive Officer of Groupe Aeroplan. “Millions of Italian consumers will soon be able to benefit from collecting and redeeming points through partners across a wide range of retail outlets. As Italy is one of the world’s largest economies with 58 million consumers and a high penetration of loyalty programs, there are significant opportunities for further growth of the program.”
“The launch of Nectar Italia is an exciting opportunity for Groupe Aeroplan and builds on our position as the global leader in loyalty management,” added Duchesne.