Online mall targets economically challenged consumers??
??Bank of America is targeting customers hit by the economic downturn with a new website that enables people to earn cash back on purchases at a rangeof online retailers.
Online banking customers with a credit or debit card can register for free through the Add It Up site, entitling them to earn up to 20% cash back on buys at over 270 online retailers.
The cash back is accrued whenever customers use their credit or debit card to make purchases at participating sites, with the money going into the account of their choosing. They can also keep track of earnings on the Add It Up site.
“As people are managing their budgets more closely, they’re weighing every financial decision and making every dollar count — from meeting their savings goals to searching for the best deals on the purchases they need to make,” said David Owen, checking and debit executive for Bank of America.
“With Add It Up, Bank of America is giving customers a new way to stretch their money by getting cash back on purchases from hundreds of retailers they do business with regularly, and letting them do it online at their convenience.
Benefits for customers who shop online through the site include:
• Getting up to 20% cash back from more than 270 participating online retailers (such as iTunes, Macys.com, BestBuy.com, Barnes & Noble.com, Walmart.com, Homedepot.com, Sephora.com, Staples.com, Gap.com, Petco.com, Overstock.com, REI.com and LandsEnd.com)
• The ability to pay with either a current Bank of America check card or consumer credit card
• Choosing how to redeem cash back earned (e.g., into a checking or credit card account)
• Combining Add It Up cash back with existing deals and discounts from retailers and other Bank of America programs such as Keep The Change and BankAmericard Rewards • Keeping track of cash back earnings any time on the Add It Up website
• No limit on how much can be earned in cash back