Peppers & Rogers bought by customer solutions company
Spate of acquisitions in the loyalty sector
TeleTech Holdings has acquired a controlling stake in customer acquistion consulting firm Peppers & Rogers.
TeleTech Holdings, which provides customer enterprise solutions, has taken an 80% interest in Peppers & Rogers Group. The Peppers & Rogers Group management team will retain ownership of the remaining 20% interest.
The acquisition is one of several moves in the loyalty market this month. American Express is buying Loyalty Partner (operator of Germany’s Payback coalition scheme) for Eur496m, and Tibco has announced a US$23m purchase of Loyalty Lab, which provides loyalty and CRM programmes for major consumer brands.
Peppers & Rogers was founded in 1993 and has operations in the US, Europe, the Middle East and Africa providing customer-based strategies for driving loyalty and business results.
The group was founded in 1993 by Don Peppers and Martha Rogers (pictured above). They have authored nine business strategy books, and feed the market with new ideas through 1to1 Media, the company’s independent publishing division.
Following the acquisition, TeleTech says Peppers & Rogers Group will continue to operate independently.
“Given the growing complexity of a global marketplace and shifting customer communication channels, clients are increasingly seeking TeleTech’s strategic advisory services to develop innovative strategies to differentiate the service experience for their customers,” said Ken Tuchman, TeleTech chairman and CEO.
“The most successful brands recognize that delivering an exceptional service experience results in more profitable revenue growth and a higher market valuation than their less customer-centric peers.”
“The best customer-centric strategies fall short if they aren’t flawlessly executed on the front-lines,” said Don Peppers. “The collaboration between
“TeleTech and Peppers & Rogers Group brings strategy and execution together to improve the customer experience and drive increased revenue and profitability for our clients.”
Martha Rogers added: “In a world where products become commoditized overnight and purchase decisions are impacted far more by social circles than corporate marketing departments, the customer experience has become the ultimate brand differentiator.Working with TeleTech will enable us to leverage the combined thought leadership, vertical expertise and solution set of the two companies for the benefit of our clients.”